This course will take a look at the colloquial term: ‘skinny fat’. As Personal Trainers we will undoubtedly come across clients who present as ‘skinny fat’, who appear to be thin but are carrying more fat than what is recommended for their body type.
In this course we will break down what it means to be ‘skinny fat’ and how this typically presents. We will also explore what causes this type of body, and analyse key contributing factors such as diet, lifestyle and training considerations, as well as the health complications that can arise from being skinny fat. Finally, we will apply our knowledge to understand some practical solutions to alter body composition, so we move away from skinny fat and towards ‘lean and healthy’!
- What is associated with the term ‘Skinny Fat’
- How to determine if someone is skinny fat through analysing body composition
- How an individual may become skinny fat
- What the health risks associated are with skinny fat
- Practical applications to change body composition
CEC Expiry Date: 07/02/2024. ELITE subscribers have lifetime access to this course for the duration of ELITE subscription. FREE subscribers have lifetime access to this course if it has been purchased separately. In order to obtain AusActive CECs, this course must be completed by the CEC Expiry Date.