Personal training female clients that have recently given birth is an incredibly rewarding experience, but it requires a unique set of considerations.
When it comes to screening, programming and training postnatal clients, it isn’t sufficient for them to simply complete standard pre-exercise questionnaires.
As a trainer, you need to unearth vital information in order to be able to adequately assess, and then effectively and safely program for, your postnatal client.
Upon completion of this short video-based course from exercise scientist, PT and mother of two, Brooke Turner, you will understand the specific questions that need to be asked, why they need to be asked and what it means for your programming.
The course includes:
- Defining what the postpartum period is
- Adequate screening and evaluation
- The questions that need to be asked to postnatal women
- Why these questions need to be asked
- Ongoing screening and assessment for postnatal clients
- How to adapt your screening process
- Example questionnaire
CEC Expiry Date: 06/09/2022. Lifetime access to course content. In order to obtain AUSactive CECs, this course must be completed by the CEC Expiry Date.