The Fundamentals of Structural Assessment provides health and fitness professionals with a step-by-step process for assessing clients for the twelve most common musculoskeletal imbalances that can cause muscle dysfunction, joint discomfort and movement limitations. You will learn how to conduct and apply essential assessments with clients in real-life settings to help you understand how musculoskeletal imbalances can affect a person’s ability to perform exercises and activities of daily living successfully.
Check out a Sample from the Course
What Does the Course Contain?
This course contains online lessons, digital text material, step-by-step video instruction and demonstrations, client assessment forms, self-check activities, and online tests.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
The Fundamentals of Structural Assessment is Module 1 of The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist Certification course. It is available for purchase as a standalone course to enable students to learn about musculoskeletal imbalances and assessments while also providing an affordable option for those interested in earning a Corrective Exercise Specialist credential (TBMM-CES).
The remainder of the TBMM-CES course components includes:
- Understanding Muscles and Movement
- The Fundamentals of Corrective Exercise
- The Complete Corrective Exercise Library
- Corrective Exercise Program Design
The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist course is a step-by-step learning program. It is recommended that the course modules be completed in order to optimise the learning experience. If you choose to complete all five components of the program, you will receive a certificate signifying your competency as a Corrective Exercise Specialist from The BioMechanics Method (TBMM-CES).
Additional Course Information
- Eligible for continuing education credit with major health and fitness organisations (ACE 1.3, NETA 13.0, ACSM 13.0, REPS India 7.0, CSEP 15.0, AUSactive (formerly Fitness Australia) 8.0, BOC 5.5, VA Board of PT 5.5; NASM and others by petition)
- Eligible to count toward completion of the full TBMM-CES credential (must also successfully complete the remaining 4 course modules listed above)
- Online courseware is non-refundable
- When accessing this course, you’ll find a list of printable downloads with each lesson under the course “Downloads” tab. Digital material not itemised in the Downloads tab is not printable.
- Purchase price includes all online materials, unlimited free test retakes if necessary, and 12 months access to the course itself
NOTE: After purchasing this course, you will receive instructions on how to access your course material via email within 48 hours of purchase.
- Simple, but effective techniques for assessing the musculoskeletal system (i.e. verbal, visual and hands-on)
- A complete step-by-step process for assessing the feet, ankles, knees, lumbo-pelvic hip girdle, thoracic spine, shoulder girdle, neck and head
- How musculoskeletal imbalances can cause muscle dysfunction, joint discomfort and movement limitations
- Why musculoskeletal imbalances can affect the function of the entire body
- How to record the results of a client’s musculoskeletal assessment.
CEC Expiry Date: 30/10/2023. Lifetime access to course content. In order to obtain AusActive CECs, this course must be completed by the CEC Expiry Date.