The Fundamentals of Corrective Exercise gives health and fitness professionals a framework to create successful corrective exercise programs. You will learn the types and elements of corrective exercise, how to select and adapt exercises to meet the needs of each client, and how to coach each technique effectively. With these techniques, you will help alleviate muscle and fascia restrictions, increase mobility and range of movement, build strength and promote pain-free movement within your clients.
Check out a Sample from the Course
What Does the Course Contain?
This course contains online lessons, digital text material, step-by-step video instruction and demonstrations, self-check activities, and online tests.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
The Fundamentals of Corrective Exercise is Module 3 of The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist Certification course. It is available for purchase as a standalone course to enable students to learn about the types and uses of corrective exercises while also providing an affordable option for those interested in earning a Corrective Exercise Specialist credential (TBMM-CES).
The remainder of the TBMM-CES course components includes:
- The Fundamentals of Structural Assessment
- Understanding Muscles and Movement
- The Complete Corrective Exercise Library
- Corrective Exercise Program Design
The BioMechanics Method Corrective Exercise Specialist course is a step-by-step learning program. It is recommended that the course modules be completed in order to optimise the learning experience. If you choose to complete all five components of the program, you will receive a certificate signifying your competency as a Corrective Exercise Specialist from The BioMechanics Method (TBMM-CES).
Additional Course Information
- Eligible for continuing education credit with major health and fitness organisations (ACE 1.7, NETA 13.0, ACSM 17.0, REPS India 7.0, CSEP 15.0, AUSactive (formerly Fitness Australia) 7.0, BOC 4.75, VA Board of PT 4.75; NASM and others by petition)
- Eligible to count toward completion of the full TBMM-CES credential (must also successfully complete the remaining 4 course modules listed above)
- Online courseware is non-refundable
- When accessing this course, you’ll find a list of printable downloads with each lesson under the course “Downloads” tab. Digital material not itemised in the Downloads tab is not printable.
- Purchase price includes all online materials, unlimited free test retakes if necessary, and access to the course itself
NOTE: After purchasing this course, you will receive instructions on how to access your course material via email within 48 hours of purchase.
- Types of exercises that can be used to improve common musculoskeletal imbalances
- What self-myofascial release techniques are and when to use them
- How stretching exercises can be used to increase mobility and range of movement
- How to introduce strengthening exercises into corrective exercise programs to help clients move correctly and without discomfort
- Strategies for regressing and progressing exercises as appropriate to a person’s abilities
CEC Expiry Date: 29/09/2024. Lifetime access to course content. In order to obtain AusActive CECs, this course must be completed by the CEC Expiry Date.