Focusing on the specialist area of fitness once known as ‘aerobics’ and these days often referred to simply as ‘classes’, this course explores the many different types of group exercise and how to plan a structured group fitness session.
Develop a deeper appreciation of why, in addition to knowing how to select appropriate exercises, it is important to review how you perform as an instructor in order to lead fun, safe and effective group sessions.
- Structure of a Group Exercise Class
- Programming warm ups, conditioning and cool down
- Instructing Group Exercise to different personality types
- Verbal and non-verbal cueing, and instruction techniques
- The role of music in group exercise
- Music structure, sound equipment and copyright considerations
CEC Expiry Date: 13/11/2023. ELITE subscribers have lifetime access to this course for the duration of ELITE subscription. FREE subscribers have lifetime access to this course if it has been purchased separately. In order to obtain AusActive CECs, this course must be completed by the CEC Expiry Date.