Exercise and physical activities provide a wide range of health benefits with no upper age limit and are integral to maintaining health and wellbeing at all stages of life. Despite this, participation rates in older populations are extremely low.
Personal trainers should see this as an opportunity to broaden their market, offer a valuable service as well as positively contribute to community health. This course provides an introduction to what makes training older adults unique, how to motivate and support them as a PT, as well as tailored training guidelines for testing and programming.
- An understanding of the benefits of physical activity in older adult populations
- Key factors in motivating older adult clients to adhere to exercise
- Suitable options for fitness testing older adults
- The risk of falls in ageing populations and strategies to mitigate these
- Recommended exercise guidelines for older adults
- Exercise recommendations based on health specific outcomes
CEC Expiry Date: 13/01/2024. ELITE subscribers have lifetime access to this course for the duration of ELITE subscription. FREE subscribers have lifetime access to this course if it has been purchased separately. In order to obtain AusActive CECs, this course must be completed by the CEC Expiry Date.