This section explores the art of cueing – both verbal and visual, as well as instructor skills such as class planning, mirror imaging, the types of classes on today’s timetables, and music.
See a sample of the course here:
- Learn The 10 Point checklist of effective Group fitness Instruction.
- Discover the Types Of Instruction – the ‘What’.
- Explore the Verbal & Non-Verbal Cueing instruction techniques.
- Learn The ABCs Of Cueing.
- Identify the Elements of Effective Cueing.
- Learn the techniques of Mirror Imaging.
- Learn all about your voice – Voice Projection, and looking after your voice.
- Discover the Core versus Advanced Cueing Skills in effective group fitness communication.
- Learn the 10 Point checklist to use before each class, to help set you up for success.
- Learn how to Create a Great First Impression when meeting someone for the first time.
- Explore the ways in which you can create Stage Presence in your classes.
- Reflect on meaningful delivery and expression by being aware of Mental Attitude, Appearance, Facial Expressions & Eye Contact, Body Language, Voice and Communication & Influence.
- Learn how to deal with participant issues such as conflict, injuries and room Management.
- Learn how to interpret music, using its moods and emotion to influence class instruction and energy.
- Learn to take action by Implementing and setting goals to Practice What You Do.
- Practice What You Say, Practice What You Play.
- Practice the use of Communication to Connection.
- Learn how to Evaluate & reflect on your Learning experiences
All attendees are recommended to hold at least a Certificate III in Fitness or equivalent.
CEC Expiry Date: 13/11/2023. ELITE subscribers have lifetime access to this course for the duration of ELITE subscription. FREE subscribers have lifetime access to this course if it has been purchased separately. In order to obtain AusActive CECs, this course must be completed by the CEC Expiry Date.