Movement for mental health is for fitness professionals who are interested in learning how to coach clients who live with depression/anxiety and have been prescribed exercise by a mental health professional to help them on their journey to recovery. The information covered in this course will help fitness professionals confidently coach and guide clients to use exercise as a tool to reduce symptoms, reconnect to self, get to the heart of goal setting and move to feel better.
- Understand the signs, symptoms and different types of depression and anxiety.
- Learn how to interpret referrals from mental health professionals
- Understand how to create strong relationships with mental health professionals
- Understand the benefits of exercise for clients living with depression and anxiety, to help them in their journey to recovery
- Understand the scope of practice when working with clients living with mental illness
- Identify risks and when to refer a client
- Learn how to create meaningful connection and build rapport to best serve the client
- Learn how to put together a creative program that empowers the client based on initial consultation
Certificate III in Fitness or equivalent.
CEC Expiry Date: 11/12/2022. ELITE subscribers have lifetime access to this course for the duration of ELITE subscription. FREE subscribers have lifetime access to this course if it has been purchased separately. In order to obtain AusActive CECs, this course must be completed by the CEC Expiry Date.