This course will equip you with the fundamental skills required to develop and implement a Manual Resistance Training program utilising minimal equipment for your clients. Before we look at Manual Resistance exercises, we will cover the core principles of strength training and their importance to athletic performance and injury prevention. Once we have an understanding of Manual Resistance exercises, we will then explore their applicability to other primary forms of resistance training, in particular, those using bodyweight and plyometric training methods. The relevance and application of these training methods in manual resistance exercises will be explored, including optimal performance techniques to avoid injury.
Upon completing the course, you will be able to apply the concepts of strength training in exercise programming using minimal equipment, focussing primarily on performance and injury prevention.
- Introducing strength training for performance and injury prevention
- Common misinformation and myths around strength training
- Basic principles of kinesiology and application to strength training
- Manual resistance training (MRT)
- Lifting & spotting guidelines
- Safety considerations
- Sample exercises
- Comparing MRT to other forms of strength training
- Resistance training (equipment-based)
- Bodyweight training
- Plyometric training
- Maintaining flexibility and mobility during strength training
CEC Expiry Date: 26/04/2025. ELITE subscribers have lifetime access to this course for the duration of ELITE subscription. FREE subscribers have lifetime access to this course if it has been purchased separately. In order to obtain AusActive CECs, this course must be completed by the CEC Expiry Date.