Diabetes is the fastest growing chronic condition in Australia, with around 956,000 of Australians having been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and another 2 million estimated to have pre-diabetes. Therefore, as a personal trainer, having an understanding of the condition and the role of lifestyle changes is important.. It is also essential to have a good knowledge of the appropriate exercise prescription for people with Type 2 diabetes and possible contraindications and precautions when training these individuals.
- What is Type 2 diabetes?
- Symptoms and diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes
- Management of Type 2 diabetes
- Dietary recommendations for Type 2 diabetes
- Benefits of exercise in Type 2 diabetes
- Exercise recommendations for people with Type 2 diabetes
- Exercise precautions and contraindications with Type 2 diabetes.
All attendees should hold at least a Certificate III in Fitness or equivalent.
CEC Expiry Date: 15/01/2023. ELITE subscribers have lifetime access to this course for the duration of ELITE subscription. FREE subscribers have lifetime access to this course if it has been purchased separately. In order to obtain AusActive CECs, this course must be completed by the CEC Expiry Date.