Research has shown that a varied and balanced plant-based diet can provide all the nutrients needed for good health. However a vegetarian diet does not mean just cutting out meat. Careful planning along with knowledge of practical ideas for using a variety of plant foods is needed to ensure nutritional requirements are still met.
- Explore the different types of vegetarian diets & why people choose this option
- Understand the health benefits of a vegetarian diet
- How to meeting nutritional needs of vegetarians
- Explore the food sources of important nutrients in vegetarian diets including protein, iron, zinc, calcium, vitamin B12, omega 3, and vitamin D
- Learn how to do a basic meal plan and provide practical tips to your clients
- Explore supplements and if are they needed for vegetarians
- Understand the common misconceptions surrounding vegetarian diets.
All attendees should hold at least a Certificate III in Fitness or equivalent.
CEC Expiry Date: 28/02/2023. ELITE subscribers have lifetime access to this course for the duration of ELITE subscription. FREE subscribers have lifetime access to this course if it has been purchased separately. In order to obtain AusActive CECs, this course must be completed by the CEC Expiry Date.