Everything in our body is governed by time.
As a result of the sun rising and setting each day, our body sets itself up for different types of activity at different times of day. In the course of one day, hormones change and fluctuate, your muscle activity changes, and your metabolism adjusts and changes.
These changes have a DRAMATIC effect on your clients’ results. It can literally stop weight loss while on a low-calorie diet, or turn exercise into something that worsens blood sugar levels, instead of improving it. These changes mean that a lot of the effort your clients have put in could yield no results, simply because you hadn’t considered one critical factor… chronobiology.
Chronobiology looks at how our biology interacts with time. This course is a foundational learning resource that will help you understand its key principles, how it can affect your program prescription, and how you can start to navigate around it, using right assessments and programs for the right person.
This is an area of science with thousands of years of history, yet only now are we truly understanding its full power. Without this understanding, personal training, nutrition, sleep and even medications can be rendered ineffective, and the practitioner is left wondering, ‘what happened’. It’s time to bring some certainty and understanding back to your clients results - this is the resource to do that!
By completing this course, you will:
- Understand the core principles of chronobiology and the impact of timing on the body
- Understand the impact of timing on nutrition, exercise, sleep, motivation
- Know the chronotypes and how they influence optimal timing for activities through the day
- Know the assessment process for chronotypes
- Understand how the chronotype insights can be applied through case studies
- Understand embryological development and how it influences development of chronotype
- Understand how different chronotypes navigate one day in a way that creates synchrony with their peripheral and central clocks
- Know how flow and chronobiology can be intertwined
CEC Expiry Date: 18/05/2024. ELITE subscribers have lifetime access to this course for the duration of ELITE subscription. FREE subscribers have lifetime access to this course if it has been purchased separately. In order to obtain AusActive CECs, this course must be completed by the CEC Expiry Date.